ANNOUNCEMENT FINAL CONFERENCE SMART@FIRE December 14, 2016 - 15
The conference marks the end of the Smart@fire project, the European FP7 project that aims to develop a smart Personal Protective System for firefighters. Every year, more than 100 firefighters lose their lives whilst saving others. To reduce the risks associated with firefighting, innovative ICT solutions need to be developed and integrated in a smart Personal Protective System. However, the ICT solutions that are currently available on the market, are not fully satisfactory. This is why the Smart@fire project went looking for innovative technologies, including:
- Sensors to measure environmental parameters and vital body functions
- Localization systems to determine the position
- Data transfer and visualization systems to better assess situations
The project investigated the possibility of developing these technologies using a method of innovative procurement known as pre-commercial procurement (PCP). The PCP methodology uses a three-phased approach in which tenderers compete with each other for assignments in every phase.
Because the Smart@fire project is entering its final phase, we kindly invite you to mark your calendars for our final conference, where we will present you the results of the project.
The following topics will be dealt with:
- Looking back at the project’s progress
- Introduction of the PCP methodology
- Panel discussion on the results of each of the three PCP phases
- The final results of the project including a presentation of the prototypes
- Procurers network round table
- Introduction to the Enprotex Association
- Lessons learnt from Smart@fire
- The continuation of the existing collaboration after the project’s end
Look out for our final invitation and detailed program in August!
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Brussels!